These are the secret sayings which the living Jesus spoke and which Didymos Judas Thomas wrote down.
1. And he said, "Whoever finds the interpretation of these sayings will not experience death."
2. Jesus said, "Let him who seeks continue seeking until he finds. When he finds, he will be troubled. When he becomes troubled he will be astonished and he will rule over the All.
3. Jesus said "If those who lead you say to you 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the Kingdom is inside of you and it is outside of you. When you come to know yourselves then you will become known, and you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living Father. But if you will not know yourselves you will dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty.
4. Jesus said "The man old in days will not hesitate to ask a small child seven days old about the place of life, and he will live. For many who are first will become last and they will become one and the same."
5. Jesus said, "Recognize what is in your sight, and that which is hidden from you will become plain to you. For there is nothing hidden that shall not become manifest."
6. His disciples questioned him and said to him "Do you want us to fast? How shall we pray? Shall we give alms? What diet shall we observe?" Jesus said "Do not tell lies and do not do what you hate, for all things are plain in the sight of Heaven. For nothing hidden will not become manifest and nothing covered will remain without being uncovered."
7. Jesus said, "Blessed is the lion which becomes a man when consumed by man; and cursed is the man whom the lion consumes, and the lion becomes man."
8. And he said "The man is like a wise fisherman who cast net into the sea and drew it up from the sea full of small fish. Among them the wise fisherman found a fine large fish. He threw all the small fish back into the sea and chose the large fish without difficulty. Whoever has ears to hear, let him hear."
9. Jesus said "Now the sower went out and took a handful of seeds and scattered them. Some fell on the road, the birds came and gathered them up. Others fell on rock and did not take root in the soil and did not produce ears. And others fell on thorns; they choked the seed and the worms ate them. And others fell on the good soil and produced good fruit: it bore sixty per measure and a hundred and twenty per measure."
10. Jesus said, "I have cast a fire upon the world, and see, I am guarding it until it blazes."
11. Jesus said "This heaven will pass away and the one above it will pass away. The dead are not alive and the living will not die. In the days when you consumed what is dead you made it what is alive. When you come to dwell in the light, what will you do? On the day when you were One you became Two. But when you become two what will you do?"
12. The disciples said to Jesus: "We know that you will depart from us. Who is to be our leader?" Jesus said to them, "Wherever you are, you are to go to James the righteous, for whose sake heaven and earth came into being."
13. Jesus said to his disciples: "Compare me to someone and tell me whom I am like." Simon Peter said to him, "You are like a righteous angel." Matthew said to him "You are like a wise philosopher." Thomas said to him, "Master, my mouth is wholly incapable of saying whom you are like." Jesus said "I am not your Master. Because you have drunk, you have become intoxicated from the bubbling spring which I have measured out."